The First Step Towards Getting Enrolled
Ohio University’s online master’s degree program is designed to help you take your athletic administration career to the next level. An undergraduate degree, as well as some experience in the field of athletic administration, coaching or in a related field, is required.
Below is a list of the admissions requirements for Ohio University’s online master’s degree programs. If you have any questions about the requirements please contact an Enrollment Advisor at 1-866-939-5791 to get more information and confirm your eligibility.
Master’s Degree in Athletic Administration Requirements:
- Proof of undergraduate degree from an accredited four-year college or University
- Cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 2.7 on a 4.0 scale in the last 90 quarter hours or 60 semester hours
- Minimum of two years of interscholastic athletic administration, coaching or related experience
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores are not required but will be considered, if submitted
Submit for Application:
- Official transcripts from each post-secondary institution attended
- Three letters of recommendation, one of which must come from an immediate supervisor, one of which must come from a current or former interscholastic athletic administrator, and one of which must come from an individual who can speak to the candidate’s ability to handle graduate-level coursework.
- A two to four page essay discussing your career goals, how the master’s degree will help you achieve those goals, and areas or competencies that you expect the program will help you to strengthen or develop
- Current resume
- Admissions application
- $50 application fee; $55 for international students*
* International students should contact an enrollment advisor for additional admissions requirements