The First Step Towards Getting Enrolled
Ohio University’s online master’s degree program is designed to take your coaching career to the next level. An undergraduate degree, as well as some experience in the field of coaching or in a related field, is required.
Below is a list of the admissions requirements for Ohio University’s online master’s degree programs. If you have any questions about the requirements please contact an Enrollment Advisor at 1-866-939-5791 to get more information and confirm your eligibility.
Master’s Degree in Coaching Education
- Proof of undergraduate degree from an accredited four-year college or University
- Cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 2.7 on a 4.0 scale in the last 90 quarter hours or 60 semester hours
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years coaching experience following the baccalaureate degree
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores are not required but will be considered, if submitted
Submit for Application:
- Official transcripts from each post-secondary institution attended
- Three letters of recommendation; one of which must come from an individual who can speak to the candidate’s ability to handle graduate-level course work, one of which must come from an individual who can speak to the candidate’s qualifications for coaching, and one of which must come from an individual who can speak to the candidate’s character
- A two to four page essay discussing your career goals, how the master’s degree will help you achieve those goals, and areas or competencies that you expect the program will help you to strengthen or develop
- Current resume
- Admissions application
- $50 application fee; $55 for international students*
* International students should contact an enrollment advisor for additional admissions requirements